GRADE 12 LANGUAGE ARTS
- To what extent does humor serve a greater goal than simply making us laugh?
- How do the conventions of the vehicle of communication (speech, essay, poem, play, film) help determine the opportunities for humour?
By the end of this unit, you should be able to...
- Identify and describe the features of texts and strategies of authors that contribute to creating humour
- Infer the author's implied purpose for creating a text, and point to specific textual detail to justify your inferences
- Recognize and describe how syntax choices can affect the fluency of a text.